Subject: Re: pkgsrc survey
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org, tech-pkg@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael Parson <mparson@bl.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/05/2005 14:42:17
On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:42:43PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:14:26PM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>> Please consider installing pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkgsurvey and running it.
>>
>> It will email your hostname, your operating system processor and version,
>> and list of your installed packages to an email alias setup by a member of
>> the pkgsrc Project Management Committee.
>
> I gave it a try on 3 hosts this evening. All three had their email
> bounced, an example of which follows:

Agreed, I've got a couple of boxes I'm not willing to set up sendmail on
for sending mail out.  An option for this to output to a file or even
stdout for moving to a better-connected host & emailed from there would
allow me to submit data from at least two more machines in my personal
setup, probably more with others.

--
Michael Parson
mparson@bl.org