Subject: Re: pkgsrc survey
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martijn van Buul <pino@dohd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/05/2005 08:32:43
It occurred to me that Jeremy C. Reed wrote in gmane.os.netbsd.general:
> I have been told that email addresses and individual machine release
> levels will not be divulged to anyone and that only information relating
> to packages and pkgsrc will be used and will only present that to people.

Keeping the above in mind, wouldn't

> Consider only submitting a survey once per month; maybe a monthly job
> could be useful to spot trends.

skew the results? I have two NetBSD machines (both of them sadly without
an internet connection for the next few weeks, so the point is a bit moot).
If I do a monthly survey, I generate as much entries in one year than my
24 friends who only did it once.

--
    Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
	 Geek code: G--  - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333