Subject: pkgsrc update packages?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/03/2005 23:43:56
--------------enig984F05C2A3A6DAF91B27DD9E

Hello all,

   I'd like to write a script that automatically updates packages which
are out of date. First part is easy, I just run "lintpkgsrc -i" to get a
list of outdated packages, and possibly correlate it with the vuln.
list. Then I want to run "make update" for the affected packages.

   The only step I don't know how to do is to convert the package name
to a pkgsrc directory. I'd like to be able to do something like this:

$ pkglookup openttd
/home/pkgsrc/pkgsrc/games/openttd

   Is it even possible to write such a tool? pkgfind sometimes returns
multiple directories, which makes it unsuitable for this purpose.

   I do realize the danger in automating updates like this... But I'm
know of what I'm doing. ... Hmm.. That's a lie, but I still want to do
it -- it's not an important machine, and I'm tired of manually updating
the packages all the time. I'd rather spend that time fixing any
potential build problems, because they show up more rarely than new
versions of programs/libraries.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson