Subject: PPTP, anything else than poptop ?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/30/2005 14:39:43
--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

Hi,

I'm looking at setting VPN, from Windows (XP/2K) clients to NetBSD gateway.
Linux seems to do this via PoPToP/MPPE.
FreeBSD seems to do this with PoPToP/MPPE.
OpenBSD seems to do this with isakmp.
m0n0wall seems to do this via netgraph/mpd.

What I tried with NetBSD was net/poptop + net/mppe-lkm.
The main issue I got was a poor network rate (<200Ko/s on a 100MBits
link) during FTM/SMB transfer. With the help of cube@, I tried various
things (like setting HZ, check my pptpd params, ...) but I still have
the same problem. What really s*cks is that I can do the thing correctly
with Linux or m0n0wall (but all my prod boxes are NetBSD and I would
like it to remain as it ;)

I would like to here people confirm this is a task NetBSD does (no
should ;), and does well. Which version of NetBSD ? Which softs are used ?

TIA,
	Jo

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1

--RnlQjJ0d97Da+TV1--