Subject: Re: [OT] "Of course ..." in your language
To: Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/30/2005 07:41:14
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Dmitry Ivanov wrote:

> On Thursday 29 September 2005 01:43, Stefan 'Kaishakunin' Schumacher

>> I am interested in collecting as many translations as possible of the
>> NetBSD slogan "Of yourse it runs NetBSD".

> I have submitted several russian "translations". Two of them are close
> translations, one inspired by bulgarian, another three are somehow
> original.

   I also submitted more than one, with backtranslations.  It's different
in Swedish, depending on whether you mean "This machine is [currently]
running NetBSD" or "NetBSD is capable of running on this machine".

   I would suppose this holds for other languages as well..  Is there a
particular meaning you're after?  (I'd assume the second one, from reading
the German versions)  It could save some confusion.  And typing.  :-)

MAgnus