Subject: Re: xen and 3.0, and migrating from 1.6.2
To: Carl Brewer <carl@bl.echidna.id.au>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/29/2005 21:27:21

See http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/xen/howto.html

> Is it basically just a case of swap kernels to a xen
> domU kernel and rebooting to get a dom0 server up?  Ie:

You need a dom0 kernel, not domU. And you also need to setup grub.
Once you have grub configured, you should be able to boot a regular i386
kernel, or xen+dom0 kernel without userland changes (same devices name, etc)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>