Subject: Re: firefox-bin-java anyone?
To: Christos Zoulas <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/29/2005 10:32:15
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> >Speaking of which, this should become the default in any kernel with
> >COMPAT_LINUX enabled (or just turn on the compat bits always!).  It's long
> >past time to stop requiring a special mount option just to get 15-20% of an
> >emulated platform's binaries to work.
> You are suggesting that we add:
> 	char buf[256];
> 	if (sysctlbyname("emul.linux.kern.ostype",
> 	    NULL, 0, buf, sizeof(buf)) != -1)
> to mount_procfs?

Yes, something like that.  In fact, I like that quite a lot as a first step.

(I'd personally prefer to see the check added to the kernel directly and rip
out the mount_procfs bits altogether.  Just using COMPAT_LINUX as a switch
there isn't very useful, since it leaves the compat_linux.o LKM in the

-- Todd Vierling <> <> <>