Subject: Re: Problem with NeBSD 3.0 netinstall
To: Gilbert Fernandes <>
From: uhel <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/26/2005 14:29:36

>>> You mean you are using a floppy to boot a machine
>>> then you install using FTP ?
>> yes

> Good. That's the method I usually use myself : I boot
> on the two floppies and directly install using FTP.
> Should work just fine.

>> Yes, but I think the package misc.tgz is good. I try to ftp
>> program to download it from another machine but I can't.

> If you cannot download this package, something is wrong.

are you sure about that? I checkt a few mirrors from the list of
NetBSD mirrors e.g.:
but there is no misc.tgz.

There are some mirrors which seem to have one e.g.:
but if you use ls -l you only see a sym-link:
misc.tgz -> ../../../shared/ALL/misc.tgz
but .../shared/All is an empty directory.

That leads me to the question: Does NetBSD 3 include a package named
misc.tgz or is there only an old entry on the floppies?

-- Uli