Subject: Re: Question about ssh, tcp, and screen
To: Christopher W. Richardson <cwr@nexthop.com>
From: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/20/2005 19:05:29
I use screen to keep terminals active for long periods of time using
the following:
hardstatus alwayslastline "%-Lw%{=3D BW}%50>%n%f* %t%{-}%+Lw%< %=3D[%D, %m/=
%d %c]"

in my .screenrc.  It will put up a clock and some other stuff that
keeps the screen updating.  I'm not sure why the non-screen terminal
is staying active.  Maybe you have a timeout set somewhere.  Here are
some other lines:
hardstatus alwayslastline "%{wk}%?%-Lw%?%{bw}%n*%f %t%?(%u)%?%{wk}%?%+Lw%=
=3D %{mk
}@ %H %{ck}%Y%{wk}-%{ck}%m%{wk}-%{ck}%d %{yk}%D %{gk}%c"
hardstatus alwayslastline "%{gk}%c %{yk}%D %{ck}%Y%{wk}-%{ck}%m%{wk}-%{ck}%=
d%=3D %