Subject: Re: Raid1 Disk Failure - Diagnosing/Repairing and/or Replacing disk
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: None <yancm@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/16/2005 21:24:29
Hi Steve and List,

This more or less go me back up.

The first time I tried "raidctl -R /dev/wd0a raid0" I locked the system.

After a reboot, I noticed the following in my boot messages:
wd0a: DMA error writing fsbn 3744960 of 3744960-3745087
      (wd0 bn 3745023; cn 3715 tn 4 sn 51), retrying
wd0: soft error (corrected)

After which the "raidctl -R /dev/wd0a raid0" did successfuly rebuild.

I apologize to the list that I neglected to try alternate
capitalizations of RAID vs raid. I'm surprised the search
defaults to case sensitive. Or maybe I just missed it...

Thanks,
gene

I yancm@sdf.lonestar.org posted;