Subject: Re: 2.1_RC4 ./ distribution breaks on i386
To: None <>
From: Jeff Rizzo <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/16/2005 13:13:28

Geert Hendrickx wrote:

>On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 12:56:29PM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
>>Yes, it could (and apparently, does) make things bigger.  You would need
>>to (at least) rebuild libc.  (I happen to know it works with no options,
>>because the autobuild has already completed i386)
>Heh, so it would not be possible to generate releases with non-standard
>compiler flags?  make iso-image worked fine though (after manually copying
>boot-big.fs in place).

Not impossible, just Not Officially Supported and More Work.  :)  You
could, for example, choose not to build the tiny floppy when building
with those options.  It wouldn't be identical to an official TNF
release, but official TNF releases aren't built with non-standard
flags.  :-)

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -