Subject: Re: unattended install?
To: Gilles Gravier <Gilles@Gravier.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/16/2005 17:16:13
On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:01:44AM +0200, Gilles Gravier wrote:
|:) Jumpstart is the Solaris version of unattended install. It's
|actually, more of a "Network Install" which can be unattended, or
|completely interactive. That depends on how it is configured.

ah, that's right, RedHat's one is KickStart ... knew the names were
similar, but couldn't place it ... :)

yeah, one of my first jobs was at a company setting up their automated
install process for around 30 or 40 Sun workstations ... that was 5
years ago now though ...

|For NetBSD, I don't know... but it would indeed be nice.

Is NetBSD able to be booted via PXE?

--
Malcolm Herbert
Computer Support Officer