Subject: RE: XFree86 4.5.0 vs. Radeon X300
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Robert Cates <email@example.com>
Date: 09/14/2005 19:34:18
I'm trying to get xorg to work with my Radeon X200G (IGP) (which I also
found listed on the ATI web site as the RS480), so I'd like to ask you:
1) are you running NetBSD/amd64?
2) how did you switch-over to xorg? Because after I installed xorg (from
pkgsrc) and run 'startx', it still tries to start the XFree86 server.
3) how did you find the value for BusID? Because my problem is that the
server complains there is no screen available.
4) even if I cannot get xorg to work with the ati driver, shouldn't I be
able to use the basic/standard vesa/vga driver to get it to work? I mean,
the Radeon chip should be able to work with a vesa/vga driver, no?
[mailto:netbsd-users-owner@NetBSD.org]On Behalf Of Ignatios Souvatzis
Sent: Mittwoch, 14. September 2005 11:59
Subject: Re: XFree86 4.5.0 vs. Radeon X300
On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 03:54:39PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> I'd definitely try xorg. My board isn't recognized by either XFree86
> or xorg, but the latter does the right thing with my 1600x1200 flat
> panel display. XFree86 didn't.
OK, pkgsrc:x11/xorg-server works basically... but
* it refuses to allow VT switching,
* after parsing and accepting XKB options, it refuses to load the XKB map
See below for config file and log file.