Subject: Re: xsystrace for x.org?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/13/2005 15:06:42
On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 08:56:25AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> There are a fair number of places like that -- I had to add XAuthLocation
> for ssh.

Same here.

> The easiest thing for now is probably to create a symlink.

Yes, I did that, and it works.  But it's not the cleanest solution, IMO.

> The larger question -- one for tech-pkg -- is how the base system should
> have been built to make such things easier.

The base system indeed shouldn't hardcode the /usr/X11R6 paths when there
are alternatives in pkgsrc.   We could implement environment variables like
SSH_ASKPASS for those programs, and make them default to the respective
locations under ${X11BASE} (which in turn defaults to /usr/X11R6).

GH