Subject: Re: usefulnes of /usr/games??
To: None <segv@netctl.net>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/12/2005 12:56:16
segv <segv@netctl.net> wrote:
> Just out of interest, does anyone find /usr/games useful? Personally I can't
> imagine anyone who would want to use them on regular basis. Yeah, I know you
> can set a variable in mk.conf and the build system won't build any games, but
> if nobody uses them, what's the point of keeping them in the source tree in the
> first place?

 Yeah, i use fortune multiple times a day, and play rogue and tetris when
i trapped with out anything else entertaining to do.

 Coincidentally, two days ago, i accidentally discovered there's some
cheat stuff in rogue.  I didn't figure out how to enter the cheat
password, but it was an entertaining hour or two diversion reading man
pages and trying to figure out what some of the secret "characters" are.
(They aren't ASCII.)

 -johan