Subject: Web without GUI? (was: Re: seriousness of this Project)
To: Michael Parson <>
From: Richard Rauch <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/12/2005 05:10:48
If you need to access the web from a text-based environment,
you just drop the '-g' parameter from your links invocation.  (^&

Seriously, there are perfectly good web-browsers that run on a
console.  So text-access is not a compelling argument against
using a web forum.

That's not to say that I would care to do my email via a browser,
nor that I favor the idea of bothering about official NetBSD web
forums.  Just that you can access the web from a non-graphical
console.  What I do do, and have done for years, is read the
NetBSD mailing lists via, which is pretty
clean and simple, though it is not quite perfect.  (You can
always complain about something, especially if you have your
own crayon!)

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about."