Subject: Web without GUI? (was: Re: seriousness of this Project)
To: Michael Parson <mparson@bl.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/12/2005 05:10:48
If you need to access the web from a text-based environment,
you just drop the '-g' parameter from your links invocation.  (^&

Seriously, there are perfectly good web-browsers that run on a
console.  So text-access is not a compelling argument against
using a web forum.

That's not to say that I would care to do my email via a browser,
nor that I favor the idea of bothering about official NetBSD web
forums.  Just that you can access the web from a non-graphical
console.  What I do do, and have done for years, is read the
NetBSD mailing lists via mail-index.NetBSD.org, which is pretty
clean and simple, though it is not quite perfect.  (You can
always complain about something, especially if you have your
own crayon!)