Subject: Re: why do date(1), at(1) and batch(1) accept 61 seconds?
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Onno Ebbinge <onno.ebbinge@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/09/2005 11:26:02
Because Time and Dates can be a real pain I often use the following resourc=
e:

The Best of Dates, The Worst Of Dates:    (by Gilbert Healton)
http://www.exit109.com/~ghealton/y2k/yrexamples.html

The Best of Dates, The Worst Of Dates: Leap Seconds and UTC
http://www.exit109.com/~ghealton/y2k/yrexamples.html#_History.Leap

NIST Time Scale Data Archive
http://tf.nist.gov/pubs/bulletin/leapsecond.htm

No mention of a 61st second (two positive leap seconds) anywhere...
If nobody can come up with a reason it should be patched.

Regards,
Onno