Subject: Re: Kernel config documentation (Re: seriousness of this Project)
To: Liam J. Foy <>
From: Chris Humphries <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/08/2005 10:28:13
| On (08/09/05 11:18), Liam J. Foy wrote:
| Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:18:17 +0100
| From: "Liam J. Foy" <>
| To: Onno Ebbinge <>
| Subject: Re: Kernel config documentation (Re: seriousness of this Project)
| On 09:27, Thu 08 Sep 05, Onno Ebbinge wrote:
| > Kernel config documentation is really high on my wish list
| > and, I guess, a lot of other users...
| >
| Yeah, it's something which should for sure be focused upon. I wonder
| if anyone has any plans....
| (Maybe this should be taken onto netbsd-docs@)

Though trendy, maybe a wiki like site for documentation for
NetBSD may be a good idea? It doesn't use cvs, so may not
be welcomed, yet easier for collaborative effort. More people
seem to supply feedback when a question is asked instead of
the desire to have questions answered on a subject generally.

Think a Q/A type of thing would be cool for at least getting
an outline of what people want to know? *shrug*, I don't think
I have used NetBSD's site documentation for anything, other
than google searching a while back on how to upgrade pkgsrc
packages like portupgrade on FreeBSD.

The Wiki idea has been useful for Ubuntu Linux (
and the Emacs Wiki (, not to mention the obvious
wikipedia. There are, of course, bad examples out there too, though
I am a fan of it.

*shrug* What kind of kernel config and such information are
people looking for? I can write something if I know what people
are looking for.

hrm, you're right, this does sound like a netbsd docs list thread.