Subject: Re: seriousness of this Project
To: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
From: loxety <loxety@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/07/2005 22:32:28
------=_Part_754_9591124.1126146748711

I think the gentoo project has a good system of documentation. The forums=
=20
really help! I wish netbsd had a forum system like the gentoo folks have.

On 9/7/05, Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org> wrote:=20
>=20
>=20
> From my dealings with the www@ team, I have nothing but good
> things to say. They do a very good job in handling any problems or
> updating I wish to be fixed.
>=20
> However, on another note I would really like to see an improvement
> in the kernel documentation. By that I do not mean internals, I
> simply mean on how new users configure it. Similar to how FreeBSD do
> it:
>=20
>=20
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-co=
nfig.html
>=20
> I have seen countless times when the problem users can't get
> they're kernel to compile is due to an incorrect config. If the
> options where correctly documented (to a users basic
> understanding, this excludes basic raw comments in the config
> files) it would make it much nicer for newcomers to understand.
>=20
> Just my opinion.
> --
> - Liam J. Foy
> liamfoy@sepulcrum.org
> http://www.bsd-systems.co.uk

------=_Part_754_9591124.1126146748711

I think the gentoo project has a good system&nbsp;of documentation.&nbsp; T=
he forums really help!&nbsp; I wish netbsd had a forum system like the gent=
oo folks have.<br><br>
iam J. Foy</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:liamfoy@sepulcrum.org">liamfoy@sepulcr=
um.org</a>&gt; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid"><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp; From my dealings with the www@ team, I have nothing but good<br>th=
ings to say. They do a very good job in handling any problems or
ally like to see an improvement<br>in the kernel documentation. By that I d=
o not mean internals, I<br>simply mean on how new users configure it. Simil=
ar to how FreeBSD do
handbook/kernelconfig-config.html">http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859=
 times when the problem users can't get
ons where correctly documented (to a users basic<br>understanding, this exc=
ludes basic raw comments in the config<br>files) it would make it much nice=
r for newcomers to understand.
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - Liam J. Foy<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a h=
ref=3D"mailto:liamfoy@sepulcrum.org">liamfoy@sepulcrum.org</a><br>&nbsp;&nb=