Subject: Re: seriousness of this Project
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/07/2005 23:38:00
	From my dealings with the www@ team, I have nothing but good
things to say. They do a very good job in handling any problems or
updating I wish to be fixed.

However, on another note I would really like to see an improvement
in the kernel documentation. By that I do not mean internals, I
simply mean on how new users configure it. Similar to how FreeBSD do
it:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-config.html

I have seen countless times when the problem users can't get
they're kernel to compile is due to an incorrect config. If the
options where correctly documented (to a users basic
understanding, this excludes basic raw comments in the config
files) it would make it much nicer for newcomers to understand.

Just my opinion.
--
		- Liam J. Foy
		liamfoy@sepulcrum.org