Subject: Re: seriousness of this Project
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Chris Humphries <chris@unixfu.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/07/2005 11:16:47
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On (07/09/05 08:06), Andy Ruhl wrote:
|
| Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:06:18 -0700
| From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
| To: "books@medianet.pl" <pmatusz@sadyba.elartnet.pl>
| Subject: Re: seriousness of this Project
| Cc: netbsd-users@netbsd.org
|
| On 9/7/05, books@medianet.pl <pmatusz@sadyba.elartnet.pl> wrote:
| > > This seems like needless trolling. Complaining without patches or
| > > ideas doesn't do anyone any good. This is not accomplishing anything.
| >
| > That is definetely NOT trolling.
| > I guess he notified www@ a few times without response/result before
| > complaining here on the list.
| > So did I. The problem seems to be persistent and screams for solution!
| > Maybe at least some ticket-system tracing requests, as Hubert suggested?
|
| Ok, so note that this was done. I'm not going to search around and see
| if this was done just because someone is complaining. If this was
| noted, then it's a legit gripe. If not, then he's open to what I said.
| I still stand behind what I said. If you gripe to a volunteer project
| without offering a solution, it's trolling.
|
| > > Remember, this is a completely volunteer project. Nobody does anything
| > > here because they MUST, they do it because they CAN when they have the
| > > time
| >
| > That sounds to me like typical l33noox-speech. Sorry.
|
| No, it's REALITY (I'm not cool enough to write words with numbers in
| them, sorry). This is the same for ANY volunteer project. If someone
| was building a house for you, for free, would you walk up and start
| griping about how long it's taking or because it isn't the color you
| wanted?

Your anology is a bit off. NetBSD welcomes feedback, (using your example)
especially if you get the paint and bring more people to help. If you
get turned away several times when complaints are valid.

Of course, there is not enough data to draw any kind of assuption on the
list, but if there is a problem, hopefully it will get investigated.