Subject: Re: seriousness of this Project
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/07/2005 07:30:58
On 9/6/05, Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org> wrote:
> Hello List,
>=20
> sometimes I doubt the seriousness of the NetBSD Project.
> Whenever I enter the NetBSD Website, trying to get some Information, I
> only find hopelessly outdated Documents.
> For Example: FAQ's or the Guides, Mirrors or the Languages.
> Whenever I sweep over the NetBSD Websites, I find dead links, mispellings=
  ,
> errors, outdated Documents.
> So, I use or use the Feedback Form to inform.
> I also noticed that Rui seems to be all alone with this within the other
> stuff he's managing.
> I see the Kernel Developers making progress everyday and fixing bugs very
> fast. I see the pkgsrc developers making much more progress, fixing,
> updating almost hourly everyday.
>=20
> But why are the Websites, that represent NetBSD so hopelessly neglected ?

This seems like needless trolling. Complaining without patches or
ideas doesn't do anyone any good. This is not accomplishing anything.

Remember, this is a completely volunteer project. Nobody does anything
here because they MUST, they do it because they CAN when they have the
time and resources to do it.

Andy