Subject: Re: seriousness of this Project
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Humphries <chris@unixfu.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/07/2005 09:03:59
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| On (07/09/05 10:06), Michael Smith wrote:
|
| Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:06:11 +0100
| From: Michael Smith <smithm@netapps.com.au>
| To: netbsd-users@netbsd.org
| Subject: Re: seriousness of this Project
|
| On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:09:10 -0700 (PDT)
| "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
|
| > Any volunteers to help can do like you are doing: send feedback to
| > www@.
|
| I have only found one problem on the web site. I sent in an email
| suggesting a change, it took a while (several weeks) but somebody got
| around to making the change.
|
| Otherwise I have found netbsd.org to be a very useful resource. I
| haven't come across any more broken links.
|
| I think the web site gets enough attention. Anybody who thinks otherwise
| can always volunteer to work on it.

Of course, patches are welcomed. Will make life easier on the person
in charge of whatever. Other projects have more resources as well. I
think NetBSD does a pretty good job, if only they could keep current
from breaking all the time, that would be great.

It's a pain to be working on something and want to get the newest src,
and it doesn't even compile. Having things tested to compile at least,
and validate by others before committing is a good thing.

Otherwise, I am pleased.