Subject: Re: mountd fails
To: Jan Schaumann <>
From: segv <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2005 20:15:14
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:39:30 -0400
Jan Schaumann <> wrote:

> Patrick Welche <> wrote:
> > So nfs isn't going across that network card?
> nfs is entirely irrelevant at this point, too.
> The problem is, I believe I have mentioned this before, that
> **** mountd fails ****
> At this point, this is entirely orthogonal to any possible networking
> issues, nfsd, rpcbind, bge, firewalls etc. etc.

What happens if you do the following:

1. edit your /etc/exports file and export your filesystem to localhost, eg:

	/opt/pkgsrc -maproot=root

2. restart mountd '/etc/rc.d/mountd restart'

3. check exported filesystems, eg:

	# showmount -e
	Exports list on localhost:

Also as you were saying you were trying to export a partition mounted
under /hold. What happens if you try to export a directory on a different