Subject: Re: mountd fails
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2005 15:16:35
--M/SuVGWktc5uNpra

Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
=20
> I have a problem with mountd that I simply can't figure out:
>=20
> I have a file /etc/exports consistin entirely of the following line:
>=20
> /hold   -maproot=3Droot   192.168.0.2
>=20
> When I start mountd, I get a message saying
>=20
> /hold     -maproot", line 1: Can't export /hold: Invalid argument
>=20
> /hold is a directory, under which a partition is mounted.
>=20
> What could cause mount(2) to return EINVAL on /hold ?  According to the
> manual page, EINVAL should be returned if ``The super block for the file
> system had a bad magic number or an out of range block size.''  I've
> fsck'd the filesystem (with an alternate super block to make sure), and
> still I get the same error.
>=20
> Does anybody have any ideas what's going on here?

I still have no idea what exactly was wrong, but after extracting newly
built 2.0.2 sets, mountd is now working normally again.

Since, among other things, I tried rebuilding mountd before, that wasn't
the issue.  Maybe libc?  Or libutil?  I have no idea.  But anyway,
things are back to normal.

God, that sucked.

-Jan

--=20
The Internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
	-- John Gilmore

--M/SuVGWktc5uNpra

--M/SuVGWktc5uNpra--