Subject: Re: bet laptop for =?iso-8859-1?Q?NetBSD?=
To: None <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2005 17:24:29

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 10:44:56AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <>, Hubert Feyrer
> writes:
> >In article <> you
> >wrote:
> >> I'm very happy with a Thinkpad T42.  I have the model with a
> >> built-in GigE and 802.11 a/b/g card; all work well.  (Of course,
> >> the winmodem is useless....)  Suspend/resume work well also.
> >That sounds good. Do sound and the external monitor output work?
> Yes, and yes, though the latter requires some care.  On a T21 I had, I
> could display on either the internal or external displays, but not
> both simultaneously.  On my T42, it only displays on both.  On my
> daughter's R50, a movie showed only on the laptop screen and not on
> the docking station's.
> >Seeing that the display is 14", are there any comparable 12"
> >machines?
> The Thinkpad X series are 12", according to  But I
> haven't used one; I like having the Ultrabay available for an optical
> drive or for a second battery.

i have X40 (as i mentioned before in this thread).  it works
exceptionally well, among other things has working APM suspend/resume
and is really lightweight.  i only very occasionally need optical drive
and for that purpose i use external USB2 DVD burner.  IBM offers bigger
battery (doubled capacity) as an extra.  external display works, but not
both at once.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)