Subject: Re: mountd fails
To: segv <segv@netctl.net>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2005 01:42:12
On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 07:48:41PM +0100, segv wrote:

> > > Do you have any firewall blocking rules that don't include the new
> > > network card?
> >
> > What would that have to do with the fact that mount(2) fails?
>
> I don't know, but NFS relies on TCP/IP stack etc, maybe if ipfilter is
> dropping NFS packets, mountd fails to mount a filesystem properly...

So if I understand correctly, what you're trying to say is "I didn't
actually read your message, and I also don't understand how the underlying
parts of the system work, but I'm glad to offer advice anyway."

You might want to reconsider that.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky