Subject: Re: mountd fails
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2005 14:09:07
--KuLpqunXa7jZSBt+

segv <segv@netctl.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 13:02:12 -0400
> Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
>=20
> > Well, the thing that really gets me is that this is a system that has
> > been working fine for the longest time.  The filesystem hasn't changed.
> >=20
> > I just can't make any sense of this.
>=20
> Do you have all the required daemons running?

Yes.  As I said, the machine has been working just fine the way it is
setup for the longest time.  That is, all proper daemons are running and
everything.

The problem is not that my clients can't NFS mount the directory (that
is a consequence of the problem, but not the problem itself), the
problem is that the server can't even get the mount point into the list
of exports for the kernel.

What appears to be happening, as far as I can tell, is that since the
last reboot mount(2) fails on the filesystems in mountd(8) around
src/usr.sbin/mountd.c, line 2088, returning EINVAL.

Now the filesystem to be exported can be mounted and is entirely
functional, it just can't be exported.

-Jan

--=20
'I have reached an age where my main purpose is not to receive
messages.' --- Umberto Eco, quoted in the New Yorker

--KuLpqunXa7jZSBt+

--KuLpqunXa7jZSBt+--