Subject: Re: mountd fails
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2005 01:16:56
On 9/3/05, Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I have a problem with mountd that I simply can't figure out:
>=20
> I have a file /etc/exports consistin entirely of the following line:
>=20
> /hold   -maproot=3Droot   192.168.0.2
>=20
> When I start mountd, I get a message saying
>=20
> /hold     -maproot", line 1: Can't export /hold: Invalid argument
>=20
> /hold is a directory, under which a partition is mounted.
>=20
> What could cause mount(2) to return EINVAL on /hold ?  According to the
> manual page, EINVAL should be returned if ``The super block for the file
> system had a bad magic number or an out of range block size.''  I've
> fsck'd the filesystem (with an alternate super block to make sure), and
> still I get the same error.
>=20
> Does anybody have any ideas what's going on here?

I suppose it could still receive "bad" values for either one of those
reasons, if what it got was something it wasn't expecting? Maybe it's
a filesystem that it isn't expecting or something? Or you newfs'd it
with some options NFS doesn't like for some reason?

Sorry, I'm probably not as knowledgeable about this stuff as you are
to start with...

Andy