Subject: mountd fails
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/03/2005 23:54:23
--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx

Hi,

I have a problem with mountd that I simply can't figure out:

I have a file /etc/exports consistin entirely of the following line:

/hold   -maproot=3Droot   192.168.0.2

When I start mountd, I get a message saying

/hold     -maproot", line 1: Can't export /hold: Invalid argument

/hold is a directory, under which a partition is mounted.

What could cause mount(2) to return EINVAL on /hold ?  According to the
manual page, EINVAL should be returned if ``The super block for the file
system had a bad magic number or an out of range block size.''  I've
fsck'd the filesystem (with an alternate super block to make sure), and
still I get the same error.

Does anybody have any ideas what's going on here?

-Jan

--=20
http://www.ncadp.org

--aM3YZ0Iwxop3KEKx