Subject: bet laptop for =?ISO-8859-15?Q?NetBSD=3F=A0=5Bwas=3A?= Re: NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org, kh.p@wanadoo.fr>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/31/2005 21:22:48
In article <20050825225857.GA21692@Regency.Atom.net> you wrote:
> Beside of that, what laptop is the best for NetBSD ? Is there
> anything fully compliant with NetBSD ? (any Arch)

I'm happy with my Toshiba Portege 3440ct.
It's very small (12"), and light. No CDROM, but also no ethernet and
wavelan. Two pcmcia slots do that. Audio, suspend+resume(!), X (1024x768)
work fine. Max RAM is 192MH, the CPU's at 500MHz. External VGA works
(important for me).

I'm actually looking for a faster replacement of tha machine too, but
besides the 12" PowerBooks and iBooks I have only seen the Dell Latitude
X300, but I don't know how well NetBSD works on either of them. Anyone got
one and can share some ideas?

Esp. suspend/resume is a very nice feature to have, and I need external
VGA to work.

 - Hubert