Subject: serial console vs X
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mjch.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/29/2005 10:56:23
A discussion on current-users regarding keyboards reminded me to ask
about a problem I'm seeing on my 2.0.2 machine at home. I have for a
long time been using a Wyse 50 serial terminal as my console but have
recently configured X to run on the machine as well

Unfortunately once X starts I find that the serial console stops
responding completely. Also, I find that xconsole (which presumably has
grabbed the console device) now has the login banner appearing every
60sec or so ...

Is there any way to restore my serial console and use X at the same
time? Killing xconsole seems to help, but isn't perfect as although text
will appear on the Wyse, I still can't log in ...

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert