Subject: Switching wm background using cron?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/26/2005 21:26:59
--------------enigF2314EDC331FB7454634CA5C

Hello all,

   I have written a small script which changes WindowMaker's background
to an image chosen randomly from a directory. The script calls
"wmsetbg". So, I thought I'd set up a cron job to change picture at a
certain interval. This worked good, until I quit X (obviously) since
wmsetbg no longer could communicate with WindowMaker.

The script is written in Python.

How do I find out if WindowMaker is running from my script?

   Or is there some other solution? (Like modifying cron when
WindowMaker starts/stops - seems highly unstable, though)?

--
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson