Subject: Re: Building multiple packages
To: segv <segv@netctl.net>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/26/2005 17:16:25
--5nbaS3kz4OSBzmjj

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 04:11:33PM +0100, segv wrote:
> So how does this work, i.e. what's the difference between sleep or
> once? If package A depends on package B and I start building both at
> the same time, does that mean A will be "put to sleep" until B is
> built and installed?

yes.

see also pkgsrc/mk/defaults/mk.conf:

  PKGSRC_LOCKTYPE?=3D none
  # The type of locking which will be done if competing processes attempt
  # to do work on one package directory simultaneously.
  # + Locking requires that OBJHOSTNAME is set.
  # + Locking may require the pkgsrc/pkgtools/shlock package to be
  #   installed on certain OS types.
  # + Sleep locking means that the process will sleep for
  # ${PKGSRC_SLEEPSECS}
  #   seconds, then try to acquire the lock, and sleeping again if it's
  #   not available.
  # + Once locking will try once to acquire the lock, and then fail.
  # Possible: none, sleep, once
  # Default: none
 =20
  PKGSRC_SLEEPSECS?=3D 5
  # The number of seconds to wait when PKGSRC_LOCKTYPE is sleep
  # Possible: a positive integer
  # Default: 5

regards,

--=20