Subject: "./ install" from read-only src tree?
To: None <>
From: Geert Hendrickx <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/24/2005 13:46:09
I can't seem to install a freshly built netbsd-2 system from a read only
src and obj tree.  I did the ./ distribution dance, with sources in
/cvs/src and binaries in /cvs/obj, reboot the new kernel into single user
mode, mount everything read-write, except /cvs read-only, and did
./ install=/.  But attemps to rebuild nbmake and write the
binary into the tools dir (although an up-to-date nbmake is obviously
already there), so I get an error.  Setting MKUPDATE=yes doesn't help.

How can I prevent ./ install from rebuilding nbmake?  (I think
there is no case where it should, is there?)