Subject: Marvell Fast Ethernet?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/23/2005 15:28:48
I am in the process of adding support to the "sk" driver for newer
variants of the Marvell gigabit ethernet controller.  The only one
of these that seems at all common is the 88E8053, which is embedded
on many Athlon64 motherboards.

However, the Linux device driver knows about a huge number of 'sk'
chips that we don't.  In particular, there are a number of 100Mbit
variants, and there is some specific code in the driver to support
these.

If anyone has such a device I would like to borrow it, find out where
you got it, or at least arrange for you to test some patches.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky