Subject: Re: burning DVDs?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark Weinem <mark.weinem@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/22/2005 02:27:33
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> I'm confused -- is the media speed readable by the drive?

Yes, magic word is "ADIP" (Address in pre-groove). But why are you
confused?

> My son is having problems (on a Windows machine) with some disks that
> *should* be compatible, but Windows refuses to touch them.

What kind of problems? Burning blank media, or reading the burned media?
And what do you mean with "should be compatible", does he really use the
producsts suggested by the DVD-drive's vendor? Apart from the disks it
could be a problem with the  drive or the burning software.