Subject: Re: burning DVDs?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/20/2005 16:41:14

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 10:36:06AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> What is the best software from pkgsrc for burning DVDs?  My primary
> interest in data storage, i.e., holding 4.7G instead of 750M on a CD.
> I downloaded dvdrecord; is mkisofs the best way to prepare the data?
> Beyond that, can I produce bootable DVDs?  4.7G is a much nicer limit
> for a NetBSD Live disk...
> If it matters, all of my DVD burners are ATA; I have no SCSI.

i use mkisofs (sysutils/cdrecord) to prepare the images and growisofs
(sysutils/dvd+rw-tools) to burn them.  i have bad experience with
dvdrecord toasting my media for no apparent reason.

my dvd+rw drive is attached via USB 2.0.

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)