Subject: Re: Firefox plugins
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/20/2005 12:38:37
On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 12:43:36PM +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > That's probably what causes your problem because I use XFree86 4.5.0.
> But again... mozilla-bin works, on the same machine.  So why wouldn't
> firefox-bin work?

I don't know but that is the significant difference between my setup
(where it works) and yours (where it does not work).

If you have access to another NetBSD machine which runs a XFree86 4.5.0
based server you try to prove or disprove my theory. Simply run
Firefox on your HP laptop using the other NetBSD machine as the display
server (e.g. by using "ssh -X hostname-of-hp-laptop"). If Firefox
works with that setup it's a compatibility problem with the Xorg server.

> > BTW: which video card is that?
> ATI Mobility Radeon X600, in HP laptop.

That's not even supported in XFree86-current.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/