Subject: Re: Logins hang when syslog can't write to disk
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter. Bex <peter.bex@student.ru.nl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/18/2005 15:13:06
My server experienced the same kind of "crash" I described in the mail this is a reply to.  It crashed again about a day after I switched it on.  I'm using web based mail, so please excuse me for leaving off the Reply-To header. (my mail is normally also fetched by this same server)

I replaced the rootdisk, so now I'm starting to wonder if this problem really is caused by my harddisk or that there's something else going on.  Any clues?  What should I look for?  Could this be caused by an exploit or some kind of DoS attack?  Maybe my other disk is ruined?  Is it at all possible with the symptoms I described?  (it contains /usr, /home and /repos)

Regards,
Peter