Subject: Re: running a second sshd
To: Andy Ruhl <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/17/2005 12:30:11
In message <>, Andy Ruhl writes:
>On 8/17/05, Steven M. Bellovin <> wrote:
>> Given the rc.d structure, what is the cleanest way to run a second copy
>> of sshd with a different configuration file?  The machine in question
>> is running 2.0.2, if that matters.
>I *thought* you could specify more than one port in the config file...
>Is it your goal to just listen on 2 ports or actually run a totally
>separate instance? If the later, do you mind if I ask why?

The primary instance listens on  The second instance needs
to listen to port 443 on a particular IP address, for reasons that I
suspect are obvious....  I had not realized that multiple Listen:
statements were allowed; I'll certainly try that.  (The two answers I
received -- copying rc.d/sshd and using rc.local -- are obvious but not

		--Steven M. Bellovin,