Subject: Check disk?
To: None <>
From: Jan Danielsson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/17/2005 16:49:44

Hello all,

   I have a NetBSD system which has a broken harddrive. I'm just playing
around with it until I build a new system. The problem with the hard
drive is that a few sectors can't be read. In OS/2, I would perform a
chkdsk, and it would mark those sectors as bad, and never try to use
them again.

It is possible to do something similar in NetBSD?

   I am aware of that physical faults on a harddrive have a tendency to
spread. But as I stated eariler, I'm just playing around with it (trying
to decide how my future install should look like).

Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson
Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)