Subject: Re: firefox breaks when I go to the print menu
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20050814@dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/14/2005 22:14:42
Dave B <spam@dberg.net> writes:
> No, that wasn't much fun...  Then I closed firefox, re-removed the
> compreg.dat file and re-started.  Now I can finally print that

I've found that many mozilla crashes clear themselves up by either
deleting that compreg.dat file, or in some cases deleting the whole
~/.mozilla or ~/.firefox directory tree.

Does anyone here know what the data format in compreg.dat is that is
causing this?  I can easily demonstrate problems by nuking the config
directory, starting firefox on one machine, exiting and starting it on
another where I have a different os and different sizeof(pointer).

-wolfgang
      Microsoft Vista - because "Virus Installer" was too long.