Subject: Re: firefox breaks when I go to the print menu
To: segv <segv@netctl.net>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/14/2005 17:11:17
In message <20050814215952.48ba1902.segv@netctl.net>, segv writes:
>On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:08:29 +0200
>Petter Lindquist <pollen@astrakan.hig.se> wrote:
>
>> David Rio Deiros wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I compiled firefox from packages. It works great but it breaks
>> >everytime I go to the printer menu.
>> >I am running NetBSD 2.0 and my pkgsrc tree is uptodate.
>> >Any idea what is going on?
>> >

>> I can confirm that printing is still broken.
>> firefox-gtk1 1.0.6
>> NetBSD i386 BETA 3 from 2005-07-27
>>
>> Pages without frames and plain pictures works some times. Framed pages
>> crashes instantly.
>> It seems to be pthreads related according to .core file.
>
>Do you have a URL of a page that crashes firefox?

www.marriott.com (make sure you have javascript on)
hangs firefox on my machine if I click "print".  (If it matters, I'm
running -current, xorg, and firefox-1.0.6nb1 compiled from source a
week ago.)

By "hangs" I mean it never does anything productive, but seems to be in
an infinit CPU loop.  It doesn't even refresh its piece of the screen.
This is one of two failure modes I see, the other of course being a
core dump.