Subject: Re: news from NVidia drivers ?
To: Joel CARNAT <>
From: Quentin Garnier <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/2005 10:20:55

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 10:55:48PM +0200, Joel CARNAT wrote:
> I read than did portage for NVidia (graphics) binary
> drivers. The docs, patches, etc seem quite old... I did try them on
> netbsd-3 and netbsd-2 and it doesn't seem to work on my box (although
> it compiles for netbsd-2). I have a GeForce2 MX-400.
> Anyone knows if the job was kept alive ?

It wasn't.

> Which release is best to have them work ?

You mean a NetBSD release?

Here's the thing: I haven't touched that thing in more than two years.
Meanwhile NVidia has released a few versions of their FreeBSD driver.
The amount of work required to make it work on NetBSD is not small.

Now, if someone wants to work on it, be my guest (you'd better start
with what is in  It is very
interesting to work on the kernel for that.

Quentin Garnier - -

Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (NetBSD)