Subject: Fwd: dealing with a RAID1 failure
To: None <>
From: Alex Dumitriu <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/08/2005 22:39:03
In my experience, what you propose below is the way to go. This is
assuming I have correctly understood that you think the drive is fine.
This will start a rebuild of the set, and if the drive is actually
failing, it should crap out.

I run a bunch of different RAIDframe sets in a variety of
configurations, and the RAID1s do seem to mysteriously lose one of
their components from time to time. raidctl -R should take care of it.