Subject: Re: problem getting BIND 9.3.1 to start
To: NetBSD, Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Newcomer <liquidice5@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/04/2005 17:19:55
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Justin Newcomer <liquidice5@gmail.com>
Date: Aug 4, 2005 5:19 PM
To: robert@kormar.net

for the chrooted, I figure, its really easy to set it up that, if some
vulerability does come out, bind cant get to the rest of the system,
just its jailed environment

i dont know wwhat lwresd does, i dont run it (but dont tell anyone)

I would probably just move /bin/dig to /bin/dig.old
and since /usr/pkg/bin is already in your PATH, then you dont need to
link to it anyway

as for bind tools
these can be helpful if something doesnt work
named-checkconf
named-checkzone