Subject: RE: problem getting BIND 9.3.1 to start
To: NetBSD, Users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Robert Cates <robert@kormar.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/04/2005 22:40:45
Thanks Adrian, and Justin Newcomer!  I've got BIND up and running, in
chroot.  But now I have a couple of follow-up questions:

1. At the end of the build/install I saw the message suggesting running Bind
in the chroot environment for security reasons.  Apparently you're setup
this way, but would you recommend it, really, especially if the server's
behind a firewall?

2. What is lwresd (which I read needed to be added to /etc/rc.conf and
running for Bind 9)?

3. What would be the best way to change from using the original dig (8.3) in
/usr/bin to the new 9.3.1 version in /usr/pkg/bin , with sym-links?

4. What other tools come with Bind besides dig?

Thanks again!
Robert