Subject: Re: cvs: is it normal?
To: None <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/02/2005 13:51:55
> that on update it refetches EVERY file with "C", before each it write=
 that =

> it's moving it away.
>
> after finished update, next update does the same.

No, this is not normal.

I think I've seen similar problems when I tried to update from a
CVS server other than the one found in CVS/Root, or a part of my
tree was updated from another than the rest of the tree, and I
tried to update the whole tree from one of them.  CVS really
likes your entire tree to come from a single CVS server, and
might be upset as above in case it doesn't.

Other problems of the same type can occur if your CVS/Entries
file is messed up, somehow.

All this from rather vague memories, so take with a pinch of
salt.

Without further details it is difficult to exactly tell what is
your particular problem.

Regards,

- H=E5vard