Subject: Power management
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Rose <lists@brianrose.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/31/2005 20:34:32
I am trying to get APM working on my home server and I am having some issues.

The first is a minor one.

When I press the power button on the case, the computer correctly goes into
a power down state, but it reports the following message...

"APM set power state <1,4>: unable to enter requested state (0x6007)"

It also does this when the computer is woken up (by starting an ssh session).

The other problem I am having is with the idle timers. I set up the BIOS to
suspend after 5 minutes, but the system will stay up much longer than that.
   I suspect that my BIOS is not properly set up, but the documentation for
it is very sparse in the Power Management section.

It is a Via KM266 Chipset with an Athlon 1400 CPU.

--

Brian